With the Season of the Deep drawing to a close, Destiny 2 players are eagerly looking forward to the next season, Season 22, which promises to bring a plethora of new content to the looter shooter. From the release date to the returning raid and the expected power cap, here’s a comprehensive overview of everything we know about the upcoming season.
When is the Release Date for Destiny 2 Season 22?
Destiny 2 Season 22 is scheduled to launch on August 22, 2023. Although Bungie has not officially confirmed the date, it is widely believed that the new season will begin right after the Season of the Deep concludes. Historically, new Destiny 2 seasons have always started on the same day the previous one ends, so it’s a safe assumption that Season 22 will follow suit.
What New Content is Being Added in Destiny 2 Season 22?
The upcoming Season 22 is brimming with exciting features and reworks that are sure to captivate Guardians. Here’s a rundown of the confirmed additions:
- New Seasonal Weapons & Activity: Expect a fresh batch of powerful weapons and engaging activities to keep players on their toes.
- New Season Pass: The Season Pass system will undoubtedly bring a host of rewards and exclusive items for dedicated players.
- A Classic Raid Reborn: The return of a beloved raid from the original Destiny will surely evoke nostalgia among veteran players.
- Exotic Mission Rotator: Historic Exotic Quests will become playable again, offering opportunities to acquire coveted Exotic weapons.
- Economy & Rewards Update: Players can look forward to an increased cap for Ascendant Shards, Alloys, and Prisms, along with improved management options.
- New Hand Cannon Archetype: A brand-new archetype of Hand Cannons with 600 RPM and two-round burst fire will be introduced.
- The Story Continues: The Light and Darkness Saga will press forward, and details about the Veil will be further explored, making lore more accessible.
Destiny 2 Season 22 Leak: What Raid is Coming Back?
According to leaks, Destiny 2 Season 22 will revive the classic raid, “Crota’s End.” Originally released on December 9, 2014, in the original Destiny, this nostalgic raid will join Vault of Glass and King’s Fall as returning content from the first game. The prospect of revisiting this iconic raid will surely excite fans of the series.
Destiny 2 Season 22: All Confirmed New Weapons
Numerous weapons have been confirmed to either be added or reissued in Season 22. While specific details about the new Exotics and craftable seasonal weapons remain undisclosed, here are the confirmed weapons:
- Unending Tempest – Stasis Submachine Gun
- Luna Regolith III – Solar Sniper Rifle
- Qua Xaphan V – Void Machine Gun
- Warden’s Law – Kinetic Hand Cannon
- Pre Astyanax IV – Solar Precision Bow
- The Guiding Sight – Strand Scout Rifle
- Point of the Stag – Arc Bow
Trials of Osiris:
- Igneous Hammer – Solar Hand Cannon
- Cataphract GL3 – Strand Heavy Grenade Launcher
What will the Power Cap be in Destiny 2 Season 22?
Destiny 2 Season 22 is not expected to raise the power cap. As a result, the Soft Cap will remain at 1750, the Powerful Cap at 1800, and the Pinnacle Cap at 1810. Bungie seems to be deviating from the traditional model of progression, where players chase Powerful and Pinnacle drops, as was evident in Season of the Deep, where the power cap remained unchanged from Season of Defiance.
With Season 22 on the horizon, Destiny 2 enthusiasts have plenty to be excited about. From the return of a classic raid to the introduction of a new Hand Cannon archetype, Bungie continues to keep its player base engaged with thrilling content. As the ongoing Light and Darkness Saga unfolds, players can look forward to more lore and epic adventures in the ever-evolving world of Destiny 2.
Maninder Singh is a passionate gaming enthusiast and a dedicated writer. With a special focus on the latest games, particularly the Rockstar Games franchise and Blizzard titles, he dives into the gaming world with expertise and enthusiasm. Maninder’s favorite game, Diablo, holds a special place in his heart, and his in-depth knowledge of these games shines through in his captivating articles.