Genshin Impact, the popular action role-playing game, has garnered a massive following since its release. However, some users have reported experiencing lags and FPS drops on their PCs, affecting the game’s performance and overall smoothness. In this article, we will explore various methods to enhance FPS and reduce lag in Genshin Impact. Let’s dive into the solutions below.
There are several factors that can contribute to low FPS and lagging issues in the game. Let’s discuss some potential causes:
- Outdated or faulty network and graphics drivers installed on your computer can lead to lags and low FPS in Genshin Impact.
- Internet connectivity problems can also result in lag spikes during gameplay.
- Bandwidth-hogging apps running in the background can consume network resources, causing lags in games like Genshin Impact.
- DNS server issues can contribute to similar problems.
Now, let’s explore the methods you can utilize to reduce lags and boost FPS in Genshin Impact on your PC:
Update Your Network Adapter and Graphics Drivers
Lags in Genshin Impact may be caused by outdated or corrupted network and graphics drivers. Therefore, it’s essential to update both drivers to their latest versions. Here are a few ways to update these drivers on your Windows 11/10 PC:
- Using Windows Settings: Launch the Settings app, navigate to the Windows Update tab, click on Advanced options > Optional Updates, and download/install available device driver updates.
- Official Websites: Visit the official websites of your device manufacturers, such as Intel, NVIDIA, or AMD, and download the network and graphics drivers from there.
- Device Manager: Use the Device Manager app to update the network adapter and graphics drivers.
After updating the drivers, reboot your computer and launch Genshin Impact to check if the lagging issue has been resolved.
Check Your Internet Connection and Reset IP Configurations
To ensure a smooth gaming experience, it’s crucial to have a stable and fast internet connection. Check your internet speed and determine if it meets the requirements for gaming. If your internet speed is slow, you may encounter lagging and FPS drop issues in Genshin Impact. Consider switching to a high-speed internet connection or upgrading your current plan.
If you’re experiencing internet connection issues, perform the following steps to troubleshoot:
- Open Command Prompt as an administrator.
- Enter the following commands one by one:
netsh winsock reset.
- Once completed, open Genshin Impact and check if the problem has been resolved.
Switch to a Wired Connection
For optimal FPS and reduced lags in Genshin Impact, consider using a wired internet connection. A wired connection is generally more reliable and provides a smoother gaming experience compared to a wireless connection. If feasible, set up a wired connection and test if it improves your gameplay. Alternatively, if you prefer using a wireless connection, continue reading for additional fixes.
Launch Genshin Impact as an Administrator
Insufficient permissions can hinder certain actions and functions in the game, leading to performance issues. Launching Genshin Impact as an administrator can help resolve such problems. Follow these steps:
- Right-click on the desktop shortcut of Genshin Impact.
- Select the “Run as administrator” option.
- If the game performs well after running as an administrator, you can set it to always launch with admin rights.
Terminate Bandwidth-Hogging Programs
Having multiple bandwidth-consuming applications running in the background can cause lags in Genshin Impact. To address this, close any unnecessary programs that are consuming bandwidth. Open the Task Manager using the Ctrl+Shift+Esc shortcut, navigate to the Processes tab, and use the “End task” button to close programs one by one. Check if this resolves the issue. If not, proceed to the next solution.
Set the Game’s Priority to High
Boosting the game’s priority in Task Manager can potentially enhance FPS in Genshin Impact. Follow these steps:
- Launch Genshin Impact and open the Task Manager using Ctrl+Shift+Esc.
- Right-click on the Genshin Impact process in the Processes tab and select “Go to details.”
- In the Details tab, right-click on “GenshinImpact.exe.”
- Go to the “Set priority” option and choose “High.”
- Try playing the game again and observe if there is an improvement in FPS.
Disable Fullscreen Optimizations
Disabling fullscreen optimizations can also contribute to FPS improvement in Genshin Impact. Here’s how to do it:
- Right-click on the main executable file of Genshin Impact.
- Select the “Properties” option from the context menu.
- Go to the Compatibility tab.
- Checkmark the option called “Disable fullscreen optimizations.”
- Click “Apply” and then “OK” to save the changes.
- Reboot your PC and open Genshin Impact to check if the issue persists.
Modify Your DNS Settings
Issues with your default DNS server can result in lags and performance problems in Genshin Impact. Switching to a better and more reliable public DNS server can resolve these issues. Follow these steps to set up Google DNS on your PC:
- Press the Win+R hotkey to open the Run command box.
- Type “ncpa.cpl” and press Enter to open the Network Connections window.
- Right-click on your active network and select “Properties.”
- Click on the “Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4)” option.
- Select the “Properties” button.
- Choose the “Use the following DNS server address” option and enter the following values:
- Preferred DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Alternate DNS server: 220.127.116.11
- Press OK and return to the previous window.
- Repeat the steps for “Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6)” with the following values:
- Preferred DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8888
- Alternate DNS server: 2001:4860:4860::8844
- Reboot your PC.
- Launch Genshin Impact and check if the lag issues have been resolved.
Set High Graphics Performance for Genshin Impact
To optimize FPS in Genshin Impact, you can set the game to high graphics performance in Windows Settings. Follow these steps:
- Open Settings and go to System > Display > Graphics.
- Browse and add the main executable of Genshin Impact to the list under the “Add an app” section.
- Select Genshin Impact and click “Options.”
- In the Graphics preference dialog, choose the “High performance” option.
- Reopen the game and check if the FPS has improved.
Additionally, there are a few more methods you can try:
1. Install All Windows Updates Before proceeding with specific optimizations, ensure that your Windows 10 is up to date. Install any pending updates to benefit from the latest optimizations and enhancements designed for most games.
2. Use a Wired Connection Whenever possible, opt for a wired connection instead of a wireless one. Wired connections offer greater reliability and lower latency, resulting in a smoother gaming experience.
3. Update Your Network Adapter Driver Updating your network adapter driver can often resolve lag issues. Check for driver updates and install them if available to ensure compatibility and optimal performance.
4. Change Your DNS Settings Sometimes, the default DNS server provided by your ISP may be slow or misconfigured, affecting your connection speed. Changing to a popular DNS server, such as Google DNS, can potentially improve your connection. Follow the steps provided earlier in this article to modify your DNS settings.
5. Close Bandwidth-Hogging Applications Closing applications that consume excessive bandwidth can free up network resources for Genshin Impact. Use the Task Manager to identify and terminate processes that are consuming network bandwidth unnecessarily.
In conclusion, by following the aforementioned methods, you can significantly reduce lags and enhance FPS in Genshin Impact. Experiment with these solutions and find the ones that work best for your specific system and network configuration. Enjoy a smoother gaming experience in Genshin Impact!
Ritika, a Bachelor of Arts graduate, is a dedicated writer who explores the world of streamers and keeps a pulse on the latest social media trends and games like Genshin Impact. With a keen eye for detail and a passion for digital culture, Ritika provides insightful and engaging coverage in concise articles that captivate readers.